Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 4

Hi Friends,
Please forgive me for being a delinquint blogger:( The progress was nearly invisible for several days (ex: Putting in a gas line, rough electrical work) and the floors were refinished THREE times before they got the right color. Each time they were refinished, no one could walk on them for a day so that set us back a bit. Today was actually the start of week five of what was predicted to take three weeks but I'm not getting hung up on that because the results are so great! Just a lesson to plan for the unexpected. Here's a picture of the first time they were refinished. They are pretty but don't "flow" in any way with the floors in the dining room which you can see at the bottom of the picture.


Here are a few pictures to give you the big idea. I thought I would go all candid on you and not clean up first.



Here is one of my favorite features, a trashcan in front and recycling in back. Cameron's out of town so I guess I need to take them out...


I am also loving having an icemaker!!!! And I got to ditch my Brita pitcher because we now have filtered water on the door. I realize this is a common feature but I am sure enjoying these luxuries!


Oh, and don't you LOVE our fancy cabinet door handles? The ones we ordered over a month ago have been placed on backorder twice so I finally ordered them from a different place last week. Until then we get to pull on the sophisticated blue tape to open our cabinets. At least we have drawer pulls!


Here are the latches we're waiting on:


The electrician comes tomorrow to hook up our disposal (another new luxury) and dishwasher (ANOTHER new luxury) so we've been hand washing our dishes. It's not like we're not used to it.


I bet you are loving our backsplash but it will looks quite different after Wednesday. The tile guys will be installing white dimensional subway tile. It was supposed to be done today but it hasn't come in yet.


Now I just need to choose two light fixtures for the dining room and kitchen. That's my project for tomorrow. Hopefully Turner wakes up thinking, "Man, I hope Mom takes me to Progressive Lighting today!" If not, I'll have pretzel sticks (her favorite) to keep her happy.

I'll let you know how things go on Wednesday!


No comments: