Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 6

Sorry I missed you guys last night. I was absolutely exhausted when I got home from the Simmons' house. They cooked us an amazing dinner and were so sweet to spoil us a little:)

Yesterday was VERY EXCITING but a little stressful as the cabinets went in. They are absolutely beautiful and just what I wanted. They have clean lines and are very simple and easy on the eyes. I don't have the imagination to picture them white but I'll get to see that with my own eyes next week. And oh the storage we will have! I can't wait for all the extra storage space so things can be more accessible instead of being stacked and piled up so they are hard to get to. Oh the meals I'm going to cook for Cameron, Turner and hopefully YOU in there!! I had hoped and expected them to go all the way to the ceiling for extra storage for those barely used items. It was a good lesson in communication for me.


The space looking into the dining room is for the stove (which was delivered and is not being stored in the basement with the dishwasher). I hope it will be easier to keep an eye on my curious toddler while cooking.


The space to the left of the sink cabinet if for the, drumroll please, DISHWASHER!!! I can't wait to run everything we own through it!!!! It's going to run for the first several days without stopping. After hand washing everything for a few years, I'm just not convinced it's perfectly clean.


Here's a sneak peak at the sink that was set into place this morning:) It's a farmhouse sink but nothing like the farmhouse sink we had before! BTW, did I mention we sold the old one on craigslist in only three days for several hundred dollars? You wouldn't believe the stuff people will buy. I hope the nice people who bought it enjoy it as much as I enjoy the extra counter space!



I thought I'd share an inspiration photo I found this morning. I think we'll use very comparable colors for the cabinets and walls. We had already ordered this exact faucet, countertop and sink so this helps me see it all together. I don't think it could be too light or too bright for me!







2 comments:

Sam said...

Love the sink!

Lily said...

I just want you to know HOW EXCITED I am for you to finally get a DISHWASHER, Katie!!!!!! :) I'm loving following the progress, thanks for taking the time to write!