Sunday, June 15, 2008

Brumby Elementary School, here I come!

After being offered and unoffered a job, being told I was "dynamite" and "#1 on our list but we decided to go with someone with more experience," I finally found the place I will call home next year! It feels great to move my interview suit to the back of my closet and get to know my new SMART board while organizing my new classroom which is a whopping 3.3 miles from our apartment. Every time I think about the close proximity of my new job I can't help but praise God for the way things fell through with the original offer I had accepted that was 28 miles away at what I thought was my "dream school". At Brumby ES, I have the full support of a principal who is counting on me to bring a successful art program to his school and is determined to give me everything I need to make that happen. Any specialist teachers out there can appreciate that kind of support. For some (not really) reason I am not intimidated by the challenge and could not be more enthusiastic. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement during the hunt! Thank goodness it's over!

1 comment:

Design A-Peele said...

I am so exited for you Katie! What an absolute blessing. Can't wait to hear more about it!